Sunday, March 21, 2010

Time To Start Planning Your Vegetable Garden!




Spring is finally here, and it's that time to start planning your vegetable garden! Each year I like to start some of my vegetables by seed. It's so satisfying to see that first little sprout come up!
 Most of my vegetables and herbs have been incorporated into my plant beds. I like to do this because it doesn't scream vegetable garden! However, the downfall of this strategy for me, has been forgetting about them!! I may try a raised bed veggie garden this year if I can find a spot in the sun.

While browsing around the web for this years plants, I found that the Garden Supply Company has a new Kitchen Garden Planning Tool that helps you design your own vegetable and herb garden. It's easy and fun to use!

For those of you who don't want to custom design your garden, they
 also provide eight pre-planned gardens. They are all designed for a 3ft. x 6ft. raised bed  like the above picture of the All American Garden or the Fun Children's Garden below.

Gardener's Supply Company

It's great to get the kids involved in growing their own vegetables. This garden looks perfect for children. I've always liked to get my children involved in helping me plant our vegetables.   They loved being able to go out and munch on the lettuce or whatever was ready to be harvested.  They even began to like spinach!

So, if you are thinking about starting a garden, take a peek at this site and see if you can find a garden that fits your taste. I thought the Salad bar Garden  and the Salsa and Tomato Sauce Garden, sounds like fun too!
All you have to do is print out the plan that's right for you, the planting guide, and you're ready to go!

If you have a favorite site for purchasing your seeds or vegetables, share it with us!
White Flower Farm is also another favorite of mine!

Happy Planning!:-)

No comments: