Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wednesday.s Woodland Walk

Creeping Woodland Phlox

 Woodland wildflowers have their own beautiful charm! After years of being an avid hiker, I am so happy to be able to enjoy many of these flowers in my own backyard!
The spring is my favorite season in the woods when everything is sprouting and the native flowers are blooming in a carpet of color. This week the creeping woodland phlox are beginning to bloom in pretty shades of purple and pink.


This week I thought I would give you little snap shots of pretty areas along my path.
White Foamflowers, Purple Violets, Pink Bleeding Hearts


Yellow Celandine Poppies along the path.

These cheerful bright yellow flowers line my woodland path.  I started with one little plant that originally died. Two years later I was surprised to see another little plant in bloom! I guess it had reseeded it self before it met its sad demise. Now, years later, I have celandine poppies scattered throughout the woods! They grow approximately 10-15", have nice deeply cut leaves and bloom throughout the summer.


Celandine Poppy - Stylophorum diphyllum


A little sitting area along the path. Mayapples are in the foreground (bottom left)
White Trilliums, Pink Bleeding Hearts, Celandine Poppies, and Virginia Blue bells.

 
 Virginia Blue Bells-  Mertensia virginica

Foamflower - Tirella cordifolia


I hope you enjoyed browsing!

2 comments:

Theresa MacNaughton said...

How pretty everything is!!! I love those Virginia blue bells...how gorgeous they are! We haven't visited our favorite walking path since everything's been in bloom. We're going to have to go walking there soon and take some photos.
Enjoy your weekend! Theresa :)

tkdesigns4u said...

Hi Theresa!
I'd love to see them if you take any pictures!
Get those walking shoes on!
Tracey :-)